Gisma University of Applied Sciences, first established in 1999 as GISMA Business School, is a leading university of applied sciences for innovative and creative international business, technology, and engineering innovation.
Our Global MBA program has been recognized for its excellence through the highly acclaimed AMBA accreditation, reinforcing our reputation in the industry. Recently, we have expanded our programme portfolio into the fields of Computer Science, Software Engineering, Data Science, and Artificial Intelligence.
Our unique teaching approach combines practical experience in these fields with the development of analytical skills and an understanding of contemporary theories through personalized, hands-on, and interactive learning.
All our colleagues are passionate about shaping the careers of our students and building better futures in business, technology and engineering and meeting the needs of Industry 5.0.
Gisma is part of Global University Systems (GUS), an international education business, which is represented by over 87,000 students in nearly 60 locations across the globe, providing students with opportunities for global exposure and a unique learning experience.
Within Germany, Gisma is part of the wider GUS Germany group and is part of an educational family which includes the UE – the University of Europe, BSBI and HTK. There are also several shared services within GUS Germany creating a wider network of colleagues, support and opportunity.
All GISMA programmes are currently taught in the English language, and we are proud to have over 90 nationalities represented in our student community and nearly 20 nationalities represented amongst our colleagues. We have over 40 colleagues in the university split between the various academic and professional service functions.
The chancellor has the overall responsibility to ensure the operational success and efficiency of the University and the continual enhancement and improvement of our customer and stakeholder experience.
As chancellor you will be the immediate line manager of our professional service and operational teams.
As part of the Senior Management team of the University, this role sits in the University Presidium.
Key Activities & Responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for the day-to-day line management and development of the operational and professional services team of the University. This is currently a team of around 10-15 colleagues across various professional services with a growth plan as part of the overall University strategic vision.
- You will provide effective leadership of the operational areas of the school within your direct responsibility and support all our colleagues in developing and reinforcing a positive culture and brand value through the University.
- You will work with Senior Management to set operational objectives for your teams aligned with the vision and strategy of the University and then be responsible for implementing and managing the implementation and performance of those objectives.
- You will ensure that you and your team deliver excellent customer experience in the daily performance of the teams’ functions.
- You will be responsible for the regulatory and legal compliance in the areas of your responsibility and continually seek to enhance their overall performance as we grow and develop.
We are looking for a highly target-driven, committed, focused, transparent, and communicative leader with profound professional experience in an operational managerial position, with a strong preference for that experience to have been at an institution of higher education or a medium to large customer-oriented education institution or business.
The successful candidate will have strong commercial skills and experience of working in a complex multi-stakeholder environment along with extensive operational experience driving excellence in customer service and organizational design. Experience of working with student information and finance systems would be an advantage in this role.
You will also have experience of regulatory and legal compliance and reporting.
Strong knowledge or effective fluency in German language is desirable.
You are characterized by a distinct strategic and conceptual way of thinking, transparency, persuasiveness, and communication skills. International travel may be required as part of the development of the individual in this role.
- The opportunity to work with a great team in a dynamic and international environment and earn a competitive salary
- Element of informal hybrid working
- 30 days of annual leave
- Cross-Campus GUS Germany events from the fields of art, culture, business, and science
- Opportunity to develop and implement new ideas and concepts
- Growth opportunity and being part of designing and delivering a growth strategy for a global University
The contract terms and appointments are subject to the current constitution of Gisma University of the Applied Sciences.
We are striving to increase the proportion of women within the senior leadership team of the University. There is a special interest in applications from women.
The strict confidentiality of your application is guaranteed.
We look forward to hearing from you. If you would like an informal conversation or to send an application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application should include the following documents: CV, cover letter, references (will not be contacted without permission), salary expectation and the earliest possible start date/possible notice period.
As an employer, we are committed to equal opportunity and support for minorities. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of ethnic origin, skin color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or legally protected status.
Alle Angaben ohne Gewähr auf Richtigkeit und Vollständigkeit. Quelle: https://www.gisma.com
Weitere Stellenangebot für die Position Kanzler hier in der Kategorie „Wissenschaftsmanagement: Stellenausschreibungen Kanzler„.