Studying The Google Story.
After the first exhausting, but awesome walking-tours in the last days it was time to relax in the hotel. I started to read the book ‚The Google Story – Inside the Hottest Business, Media and Technology of Our Time‚. The book was an old birthday gift from Marcus Ladwig, but I never found the time to read it. In this book there are some interesting findings of the Google founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page, e.g.
- The only way you are going to have success is to have lots of failures first.
- To just invent something and have a great idea is a lot of work, but it is not enough. You have to get it out in the world.
- To really grow Google, they needed to move off campus and take some risk.
- Money is being spent in the advertising business much more readily than in the licensing business.
- A Silicon Valley Angel Bechtolsheim about successful companies: ideas that solved real problems, businesses with the potential to produce real profits; and bright, passionate, and capable founders.